Pages

Monday 19 November 2012

Harrods

"Have you seen one of these?" "Huh..." "And have you seen two of these?" And on he went, multiplying red balls, making things appear in my hands, one neat magic trick after another. Quite a busy place, Harrods's toy world.
Actually, it's quite a busy place overall. Floor after floor, I believe this is the one place where you can find everything. Victorian furniture? Check. £90k pianos? Check. Big meteorites? Check. Too many chocolate kinds to list them all? Check. The good thing, however, is not that they have everything, in so much as that they actively demonstrate what they are selling. One guy is playing a piano, another is showing the latest generation camera. That guy in the beginning was showing off a box set of magic tricks, and making quite a good job of it, may I add, and making for an excellent atmosphere overall.
For once I think I can say I am thoroughly impressed with a place. Now I just need enough money to buy that £8k dinner table they had there and those £1500 chairs that go with it. Simple enough, right? I'll make an update 40 years from now when I buy those. Meanwhile, and just to keep the tone of the rest of the blog, I'll complain about the lack of maps and guides inside the shop. Except for the stairs on one entrance, they're not anywhere. How are rich people supposed to get around like this!?

2 comments:

  1. Rich people have Sherpa guides, that show them the secrets of Mount Shopping for a modest wage =o,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won't they have their own butler to guide them through the store? (the rich people, I mean :) )

    ReplyDelete